Thursday 4 December 2008

This is more than enough

From
Richy D Alexander
MUMBAI

To
Dr. Manmohan Singh
Prime Minister of India
New Delhi

Sub: This is more than enough

Dear Prime Minister,
Today is December 4, 2008, exactly one week after the Mumbai terror attack. I don’t want to waste your time. The main intention of this letter is to convey my agony to you. I know you have lot of things to do; you are not in a situation to sit and relax. But I’ll take only 10 minutes.
I was saved from the terror attack by a hair’s breadth and am still unable to recover from that shock. I am a young Journalist, hardly 23-years old, working with a business magazine in Mumbai. When I got into the train to Mumbai from Kerala, I had big dreams. Now I am scared of this place.
I can see a lot of cops at the railway station. But the saddest part is there is no proper checking at any of the major stations. Metal detectors are just for the namesake. I am not making a common statement generally made by people. I have proper grounds for that. Last night, RDX was found at the CST station, for which the cops had a funny explanation. Can you guarantee me and people that everything is fine after the single commando operation?

Now people of Mumbai are in good fortitude, but it will diminish within a week. We need a long-term solution, for which we need a good system, and the drivers of this system should be eligible, capable and vivacious. Right now, we don’t have any leaders with these qualities. Even if we have, they are scapegoats of Indian’s biggest terror group - the POLITICIANS. Should we not rip-off and throw these nuts? Aren’t people sick and tired of gory political drama? Are we just vote banks? We have the right to question these political terrorists. People should nab these futile creatures. Instead of lighting candles, everybody should go and visit the victims of the attack.

I am not grudging. We can do a lot. But we are not doing. If we do not do anything now, tomorrow, the assailants will come and take our country for a toss. We have good bureaucrats. Political drama is more than enough for now. Dear Sir, the whole country is with you. For a noble reason, for my country, I am ready to sacrifice my life and my family. Because I love my India.

Jai Hind.

Thank you for the consideration
Yours truly,
Richy D Alexander
Mumbai
richyjournalist@gmail.com

8 comments:

In love with the city said...

Very sincere Richy. I hope your words are taken seriously and a long-term solotuion to this madness can be drafted.

Supriya said...

I agree with Ayesha. But I'am not sure Richy if this post will reach beyond a few of us. while all of us who are reading this feel the same, we are not empowered enough to change the politicians. The recent attacks seemed to have given way to just a few resignations. What could we do, we could not stop them. Now there will be a new leader, but does this say that terrorists wont come again? there remain many questions. the answers for which look blur.

RDA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RDA said...

That’s true. You know one simple thing, India’s greatest don, Dawood Ibrahim. Our film actors and politicians know him very well and they are in good rapport with him, still we encourage this bloody F*&%$@s. our government can’t touch him. We need a good system, for that we want good leaders not outdated creatures. Everybody should raise their voice and it should spread like a wild fire. Thank you so much for your comments.

shalz said...

Your anguish is justified Richy..But beyond a point, we cant blame the politicians...it is worthless...Its a sheer wastage of time..Candle-light vigils cant move these fuckers..Its imminent to our political system...Terror strikes, ministers are fired for inaction, people cry foul, victims recover, bereaved families recover, it all calms down within a month, people get back to their normal life (U see we dont bother unless it affects us!) and then the rest is history...Even if there are a few good politicians with great ideas, they cant do much cuz of the shit and filth they are surrounded by!! I think a way out is to be aware of our surroundings, be vigilant as a citizen...India has too fragile a system to tackle this hideous menace called terrorism....I dont exactly know what but the solution lies in the hands of the present generation...May be we should watch the film 'hazaaron Khwahishein Aisi'...Probably gives a way fwd to be!

RDA said...

u r right Shalz but there is a limit for everythng. i feel to nab these fuckers.

Subramanian V said...

I have been following your blog for quite sometime...Your intentions are really good and the blog is quite informative...Keep up the good work & continue the same "Richie$Rich"

RDA said...

Thank you so much